In August, 71.50 work hours have been dispatched among 7 paid contributors. Their reports are available:
- Ben Hutchings did 15 hours.
- Guido Günther did 4 hours.
- Mike Gabriel was assigned 8 hours but did not do them. He will catch up in September.
- Raphaël Hertzog did 6.5 hours.
- Santiago Ruano Rincón did 17 hours.
- Scott Kitterman did 4 hours.
- Thorsten Alteholz did 17 hours.
Evolution of the situation
September is stable compared to August (71.50 hours per month) and has not caught up back to the level of July as I hoped. Again it’s because 2 sponsors were not able to pay their renewal invoice on time (one of last month paid, but another bigger sponsor failed this month). Those sponsors will continue to support us and I would like to be able to say that things will be back to normal next month, but I can’t say it since we have also been informed of the (hopefully temporary) defection of another bronze sponsor that will affect us next month.
Fortunately there are also good news, we have 3 new sponsors in the pipe (2 silver, 1 platinum) who shall join the project soon. And Blablacar increased their support from Silver to Gold (from 4h/month to 8h/month).
But we still need more support… in particular since we would like to commit to support virtualization related packages in Wheezy: that’s clearly an objective for us. I recently published the summary of the work session held during DebConf 15 in Heidelberg (video recording).
It would be really nice if we could get closer to the goal of funding a full-time position.
In terms of security updates waiting to be handled, the situation is close to last month: the dla-needed.txt file lists 18 packages awaiting an update (2 less than last month), the list of open vulnerabilities in Squeeze shows about 30 affected packages in total (8 more than last month).
Thanks to our sponsors
- Gold sponsors:
- The Positive Internet (for 15 months already)
- Blablacar (for 14 months already)
- Linode LLC (for 4 months already)
- Silver sponsors:
- David Ayers – IntarS Austria (for 15 months already)
- Domeneshop AS (for 14 months already)
- Université Lille 3 (for 14 months already)
- Trollweb Solutions (for 12 months already)
- Gandi SAS (for 9 months already)
- University of Luxembourg (for 6 months already)
- Rentabiliweb Group (for 4 months already)
- Bronze sponsors:
- Offensive Security (for 15 months already)
- Seznam.cz, a.s. (for 15 months already)
- Evolix (for 14 months already)
- Freeside Internet Service (for 14 months already)
- MyTux (for 14 months already)
- Linuxhotel GmbH (for 12 months already)
- Intevation GmbH (for 11 months already)
- Daevel SARL (for 10 months already)
- FOSSter (for 10 months already)
- Bitfolk LTD (for 9 months already)
- Megaspace Internet Services GmbH (for 9 months already)
- Gree, Inc. (for 8 months already)
- Greenbone Networks GmbH (for 8 months already)
- NUMLOG (for 8 months already)
- WinGo AG (for 7 months already)
- Ecole Centrale de Nantes – LHEEA (for 4 months already)