Like each month, here comes a report about the work of paid contributors to Debian LTS.
In April, 284.5 work hours have been dispatched among 14 paid contributors. Their reports are available:
- Abhijith PA did 10.0h (out of 14h assigned), thus carrying over 4h to May.
- Adrian Bunk did nothing (out of 28.75h assigned), thus is carrying over 28.75h for May.
- Ben Hutchings did 26h (out of 20h assigned and 8.5h from March), thus carrying over 2.5h to May.
- Brian May did 10h (out of 10h assigned).
- Chris Lamb did 18h (out of 18h assigned).
- Dylan Aïssi did 6h (out of 6h assigned).
- Emilio Pozuelo Monfort did not report back about their work so we assume they did nothing (out of 28.75h assigned plus 17.25h from March), thus is carrying over 46h for May.
- Markus Koschany did 11.5h (out of 28.75h assigned and 38.75h from March), thus carrying over 56h to May.
- Mike Gabriel did 1.5h (out of 8h assigned), thus carrying over 6.5h to May.
- Ola Lundqvist did 13.5h (out of 12h assigned and 8.5h from March), thus carrying over 7h to May.
- Roberto C. Sánchez did 28.75h (out of 28.75h assigned).
- Sylvain Beucler did 28.75h (out of 28.75h assigned).
- Thorsten Alteholz did 28.75h (out of 28.75h assigned).
- Utkarsh Gupta did 24h (out of 24h assigned).
Evolution of the situation
In April we dispatched more hours than ever and another was new too, we had our first (virtual) contributors meeting on IRC! Logs and minutes are available and we plan to continue doing IRC meetings every other month.
Sadly one contributor decided to go inactive in April, Hugo Lefeuvre.
Finally, we like to remind you, that the end of Jessie LTS is coming in less than two months!
In case you missed it (or missed to act), please read this
about keeping Debian 8 Jessie alive for longer than 5 years.
If you expect to have Debian 8 servers/devices running after June 30th 2020, and would
like to have security updates for them, please get in touch with
The security tracker currently lists 4 packages with a known CVE and the dla-needed.txt file has 25 packages needing an update.
Thanks to our sponsors
New sponsors are in bold.
- Platinum sponsors:
- Gold sponsors:
- Silver sponsors:
- Bronze sponsors: