My monthly report covers a large part of what I have been doing in the free software world. I write it for my donors (thanks to them!) but also for the wider Debian community because it can give ideas to newcomers and it’s one of the best ways to find volunteers to work with me on projects that matter to me.
I was allocated 10 hours to work on security updates for Debian 7 Wheezy. During this time I did the following:
- I released DLA-741-1 on unzip. This was an easy update.
- I reviewed Roberto Sanchez’s patch for CVE-2014-9911 in ICU.
- I released DLA-759-1 on nss in collaboration with Antoine Beaupré. I merged and updated Guido’s work to enable the testsuite during build and to add DEP-8 tests.
- I created a git repository for php5 maintenance in Debian LTS and started to work on an update. I added patches for two CVE (CVE-2016-3141, CVE-2016-2554) and added some binary files required by (currently failing) tests.
With the strong freeze approaching, I had some customer requests to push packages into Debian and/or to fix packages that were in danger of being removed from stretch.
While trying to bring back uwsgi into testing I filed #847095 (libmongoclient-dev: Should not conflict with transitional mongodb-dev) and #847207 (uwsgi: FTBFS on multiple architectures with undefined references to uwsgi_* symbols) and interacted on some of the RC bugs that were keeping the package out of testing.
I also worked on a few new packages (lua-trink-cjson, lua-inotify, lua-sandbox-extensions) that enhance hindsight in some use cases and sponsored a rozofs update in experimental to fix a file conflict with inn2 (#846571).
Misc Debian work
Debian Live. I released two live-build updates. The second update added more options to customize the grub configuration (we use it in Kali to override the theme and add more menu entries) both for EFI boot and normal boot.
Misc bugreports. #846569 on libsnmp-dev to accomodate the libssl transition (I noticed the package was not maintained, I asked for new maintainers on debian-devel). #847168 on devscripts for debuild that started failing when lintian was failing (unexpected regression). #847318 on lintian to not emit spurious errors for kali packages (which was annoying with the debuild regression above). #847436 for an upgrade problem I got with tryton-server. #847223 on firefoxdriver as it was still depending on iceweasel instead of firefox.
Not much happening, I fixed #814315 by switching a few remaining URLs to https. I merged patches from efkin to fix the functional test suite (#814315), that was a really useful contribution! The same contributer started to tackle another ticket (#824912) about adding an API to retrieve action items. This is a larger project and needs some thoughts. I still have to respond to him on his latest patches (after two rounds already).
I updated the letsencrypt-sh salt formula for version 0.3.0 and added the possibility to customize the hook script to reload the webserver.
The @planetdebian twitter account is no longer working since twitterfeed.com closed doors and the replacement (dlvr.it) is unhappy about the RSS feed of planet.debian.org. I filed bug #848123 against planet-venus since it does not preserve the isPermalink attribute in the guid tag
See you next month for a new summary of my activities.