In September, 85.50 work hours have been dispatched among 8 paid contributors. Their reports are available:
- Ben Hutchings did 14 hours (13.5h allocated, thus only catching up 0.5 hours out of the 5.5 extra hours he had left from former month).
- Chris Lamb did 11 hours (12h allocated, he will catch up later).
- Guido Günther did 4 hours (out of 8 hours allocated, thus keeping 4 extra hours for November).
- Mike Gabriel did nothing (out of 8 hours allocated, he will catch up in November).
- Raphaël Hertzog did 13.25 hours.
- Santiago Ruano Rincón did 13.5 hours.
- Scott Kitterman did 8 hours (4 hours allocated and 4 hours remaining from September)
- Thorsten Alteholz did 13.25 hours.
Evolution of the situation
November crossed a new record with 114.5 hours funded. This is mainly thanks to our first Platinum sponsor: TOSHIBA (through Toshiba Software Development Vietnam). They don’t know yet if they can sponsor us in the long term (they hope so), but it’s still a nice news as we jumped from 50% to 65% of the objective of the equivalent of a full-time position with a single new sponsor.
Currently no change is expected for next month as we don’t have any other new sponsor in the process of joining us.
We still need more support to be able to support all the packages we could not afford to support during the squeeze cycle. We are currently discussing which package we can or cannot support on the LTS list, see the thread Unsupported packages for Wheezy LTS for the current situation.
In terms of security updates waiting to be handled, the situation is close to last month: the dla-needed.txt file lists 21 packages awaiting an update (6 more than last month), the list of open vulnerabilities in Squeeze shows about 23 affected packages in total (exactly like last month).
Thanks to our sponsors
The new sponsors are in bold.
- Platinum sponsors:
- Gold sponsors:
- The Positive Internet (for 17 months already)
- Blablacar (for 16 months already)
- Linode LLC (for 6 months already)
- Silver sponsors:
- David Ayers – IntarS Austria (for 17 months already)
- Domeneshop AS (for 16 months already)
- Université Lille 3 (for 16 months already)
- Trollweb Solutions (for 14 months already)
- Gandi SAS (for 11 months already)
- University of Luxembourg (for 8 months already)
- Rentabiliweb Group (for 6 months already)
- Univention GmbH
- Université Jean Monnet de St Etienne
- Bronze sponsors:
- Offensive Security (for 17 months already)
- Seznam.cz, a.s. (for 17 months already)
- Evolix (for 16 months already)
- Freeside Internet Service (for 16 months already)
- MyTux (for 16 months already)
- Linuxhotel GmbH (for 14 months already)
- Intevation GmbH (for 13 months already)
- Daevel SARL (for 12 months already)
- Bitfolk LTD (for 11 months already)
- Megaspace Internet Services GmbH (for 11 months already)
- Gree, Inc. (for 10 months already)
- Greenbone Networks GmbH (for 10 months already)
- NUMLOG (for 10 months already)
- WinGo AG (for 9 months already)
- Ecole Centrale de Nantes – LHEEA (for 5 months already)
- Sig-I/O (for 3 months already)