In December, 113.50 work hours have been dispatched among 9 paid contributors. Their reports are available:
- Antoine Beaupré did 11.5h.
- Ben Hutchings did 15 hours (out of 15 hours allocated + 10 extra hours remaining, meaning that he still has 10 extra hours to do over February).
- Chris Lamb did 18 hours.
- Guido Günther did 13 hours (out of 12 hours allocated + 1 remaining).
- Mike Gabriel did 16 hours (8 hours allocated + 8h remaining).
- Santiago Ruano Rincón did 18 hours (out of 12h allocated + 8.50 remaining, thus keeping 2.50 extra hours for February).
- Scott Kitterman did 8 hours.
- Thorsten Alteholz did 30 hours.
Evolution of the situation
As expected, we had a small drop in the amount of hours sponsored. New sponsors (re-)joined but others stopped too (Gree this time)… mostly balancing the result. We only lost 2 hours of sponsored work.
It would be nice if we could invert that curve and actually start again to get closer to our objective of funding the equivalent of a full time position. Let’s hope that the switch to wheezy as the version supported by the LTS team will motivate many companies relying on Debian 7 in their IT system.
In terms of security updates waiting to be handled, the situation is close to last month(17 packages in dla-needed.txt, 27 in the list of CVE). It looks like that having about 20 packages needing an update is the normal situation and that we can’t really get further down given the time required to process some updates (sometimes we wait until the upstream authors provides a patch, and so on).
Thanks to our sponsors
New sponsors are in bold.
- Platinum sponsors:
- TOSHIBA (for 4 months)
- Gold sponsors:
- Silver sponsors:
- Domeneshop AS (for 19 months)
- Université Lille 3 (for 19 months)
- Trollweb Solutions (for 17 months)
- Nantes Métropole (for 13 months, renewal after a small break)
- University of Luxembourg (for 11 months)
- Dalenys (for 9 months)
- Univention GmbH (for 5 months)
- Université Jean Monnet de St Etienne (for 5 months)
- Bronze sponsors:
- David Ayers – IntarS Austria (for 20 months)
- Offensive Security (for 20 months)
- Seznam.cz, a.s. (for 20 months)
- Evolix (for 19 months)
- Freeside Internet Service (for 19 months)
- MyTux (for 19 months)
- Linuxhotel GmbH (for 17 months)
- Intevation GmbH (for 16 months)
- Daevel SARL (for 15 months)
- Bitfolk LTD (for 14 months)
- Megaspace Internet Services GmbH (for 14 months)
- Greenbone Networks GmbH (for 13 months)
- NUMLOG (for 13 months)
- WinGo AG (for 12 months)
- Ecole Centrale de Nantes – LHEEA (for 8 months)
- Sig-I/O (for 6 months)
- Entr’ouvert (for 4 months)
- Adfinis SyGroup AG