In October, about 150 work hours have been dispatched among 14 paid contributors. Their reports are available:
- Antoine Beaupré did 4 hours (out of 11 hours allocated, thus keeping 7 extra hours for December).
- Balint Reczey did 11 hours.
- Ben Hutchings did 9 hours (out of 11 hours allocated, thus keeping 2 extra hours for December).
- Brian May did 11 hours.
- Chris Lamb did 11 hours.
- Emilio Pozuelo Monfort did 11 hours.
- Guido Günther did 8 hours.
- Hugo Lefeuvre did 11 hours.
- Jonas Meurer did 12.75 hours (out of 11 hours allocated + 1.75 hours remaining).
- Markus Koschany did 11 hours.
- Ola Lundqvist did 11.75 hours (out of 11 hours allocated + 0.75 hours remaining).
- Raphaël Hertzog did 11 hours.
- Roberto C. Sanchez did 11 hours.
- Thorsten Alteholz did 11 hours.
Evolution of the situation
The number of sponsored hours did not change this month and in fact we haven’t had any new sponsor since September. We still need a couple of supplementary sponsors to reach our objective of funding the equivalent of a full time position.
The security tracker currently lists 40 packages with a known CVE and the dla-needed.txt file 36. We don’t seem to really catch up the small backlog. The reasons are not clear but I noticed that there are a few packages that take a lot of time due to the number of issues found with fuzzers. We also handle many issues that the security team ends up classifying as not worth an update because we add the package to dla-needed.txt before the security team has done its review and nobody checks afterwards.
Thanks to our sponsors
New sponsors are in bold.
- Platinum sponsors:
- Gold sponsors:
- The Positive Internet (for 30 months)
- Blablacar (for 29 months)
- Linode LLC (for 19 months)
- Babiel GmbH (for 8 months)
- Plat’Home (for 8 months)
- Silver sponsors:
- Domeneshop AS (for 29 months)
- Université Lille 3 (for 29 months)
- Trollweb Solutions (for 27 months)
- Nantes Métropole (for 23 months)
- University of Luxembourg (for 21 months)
- Dalenys (for 20 months)
- Univention GmbH (for 15 months)
- Université Jean Monnet de St Etienne (for 15 months)
- Sonus Networks (for 9 months)
- UR Communications BV (for 3 months)
- maxcluster GmbH (for 3 months)
- Bronze sponsors:
- David Ayers – IntarS Austria (for 30 months)
- Evolix (for 30 months)
- Offensive Security (for 30 months)
- Seznam.cz, a.s. (for 30 months)
- Freeside Internet Service (for 29 months)
- MyTux (for 29 months)
- Linuxhotel GmbH (for 27 months)
- Intevation GmbH (for 26 months)
- Daevel SARL (for 25 months)
- Bitfolk LTD (for 24 months)
- Megaspace Internet Services GmbH (for 24 months)
- Greenbone Networks GmbH (for 23 months)
- NUMLOG (for 23 months)
- WinGo AG (for 22 months)
- Ecole Centrale de Nantes – LHEEA (for 19 months)
- Sig-I/O (for 16 months)
- Entr’ouvert (for 14 months)
- Adfinis SyGroup AG (for 11 months)
- Laboratoire LEGI – UMR 5519 / CNRS (for 6 months)
- Quarantainenet BV (for 6 months)
- GNI MEDIA (for 5 months)
- RHX Srl (for 3 months)