My monthly report covers a large part of what I have been doing in the free software world. I write it for my donors (thanks to them!) but also for the wider Debian community because it can give ideas to newcomers and it’s one of the best ways to find volunteers to work with me on projects that matter to me.
I merged a branch adding appstream related data (thanks to Matthias Klumpp). I merged multiple small contributions from a new contributor: Lev Lazinskiy submitted a fix to have the correct version string in the documentation and ensured that we could not use the login page if we are already identified (see MR 36).
Arthur Del Esposte continued his summer of code project and submitted multiple merge requests that I reviewed multiple times before they were ready to be merged. He implemented a team search feature, created a small framework to display an overview of all packages of a team.
On a more administrative level, I had to deal with many subscriptions that became immediately invalid when alioth.debian.org shut down. So I tried to replace all email subscriptions using *@users.alioth.debian.org with alternate emails linked to the same account. When no fallback was possible, I simply deleted the subscription.
I sponsored cewl 5.4.3-1 (new upstream release) and wfuzz_2.2.11-1.dsc (new upstream release), masscan 1.0.5+ds1-1 (taken over by the team, new upstream release) and wafw00f 0.9.5-1 (new upstream release). I sponsored wifite2, made the unittests run during the build and added some autopkgtest. I submitted a pull request to skip tests when some tools are unavailable.
I filed #901595 on reaver to get a fixed watch file.
Misc Debian work
I reviewed multiple merge requests on live-build (about its handling of archive keys and the associated documentation). I uploaded a new version of live-boot (20180603) with the pending changes.
I sponsored pylint-django 0.11-1 for Joseph Herlant, xlwt 1.3.0-2 (bug fix) and python-num2words_0.5.6-1~bpo9+1 (backport requested by a user).
I uploaded a new version of ftplib fixing a release critical bug (#901224: ftplib FTCBFS: uses the build architecture compiler).
I submitted two patches to git (fixing french l10n in git bisect and marking two strings for translation).
I reviewed multiple merge requests on debootstrap:
--components not carried over with
--second-stage and enabling
--merged-usr by default.
See you next month for a new summary of my activities.