In July, 199 work hours have been dispatched among 13 paid contributors. Their reports are available:
- Adrian Bunk got 8h assigned but did nothing (plus 10 extra hours from June), thus he is carrying over 18h to August.
- Ben Hutchings did 18.5 hours (out of 18.5 hours allocated).
- Brian May did 10 hours (out of 10 hours allocated).
- Chris Lamb did 18 hours (out of 18 hours allocated).
- Emilio Pozuelo Monfort did 21 hours (out of 18.5h allocated + 17h remaining, thus keeping 14.5 extra hours for August).
- Hugo Lefeuvre did 9.75 hours (out of 18.5 hours, thus carrying over 8.75h to August).
- Jonas Meurer did 19 hours (out of 17 hours allocated plus 2h extra hours June).
- Markus Koschany did 18.5 hours (out of 18.5 hours allocated).
- Mike Gabriel did 15.75 hours (out of 18.5 hours allocated plus 7.25 extra hours from June, thus carrying over 10h to August.).
- Ola Lundqvist did 0.5 hours (out of 8 hours allocated plus 8 extra hours from June, then he gave 7.5h back to the pool, thus he is carrying over 8 extra hours to August).
- Roberto C. Sanchez did 8 hours (out of 8 hours allocated).
- Sylvain Beucler did 18.5 hours (out of 18.5 hours allocated).
- Thorsten Alteholz did 18.5 hours (out of 18.5 hours allocated).
Evolution of the situation
July was different than other months. First, some people have been on actual vacations, while 4 of the above 14 contributors met in Curitiba, Brazil, for DebConf19. There, a talk about LTS (slides, video) was given, followed by a Q&lig;A session. Also a new promotional video about Debian LTS, aimed at potential sponsors was shown there for the first time.
DebConf19 was also a success in respect to on-boarding of new contributors, we’ve found three potential new contributors, one of them is already in training.
The security tracker (now for oldoldstable as Buster has been released and thus Jessie became oldoldstable) currently lists 51 packages with a known CVE and the dla-needed.txt file has 35 packages needing an update.
Thanks to our sponsors
New sponsors are in bold.
- Platinum sponsors:
- Gold sponsors:
- The Positive Internet (for 63 months)
- Blablacar (for 62 months)
- Roche Diagnostics International AG (for 57 months)
- Linode (for 51 months)
- Babiel GmbH (for 41 months)
- Plat’Home (for 40 months)
- Silver sponsors:
- Domeneshop AS (for 62 months)
- Nantes Métropole (for 56 months)
- Dalenys (for 52 months)
- Univention GmbH (for 48 months)
- Université Jean Monnet de St Etienne (for 48 months)
- Ribbon Communications, Inc. (for 41 months)
- maxcluster GmbH (for 35 months)
- Exonet B.V. (for 31 months)
- Leibniz Rechenzentrum (for 25 months)
- Vente-privee.com (for 22 months)
- CINECA (for 15 months)
- Ministère de l’Europe et des Affaires Étrangères (for 9 months)
- Bronze sponsors:
- Seznam.cz, a.s. (for 63 months)
- Evolix (for 62 months)
- MyTux (for 62 months)
- Intevation GmbH (for 59 months)
- Linuxhotel GmbH (for 59 months)
- Daevel SARL (for 58 months)
- Bitfolk LTD (for 57 months)
- Megaspace Internet Services GmbH (for 57 months)
- Greenbone Networks GmbH (for 56 months)
- NUMLOG (for 56 months)
- WinGo AG (for 55 months)
- Ecole Centrale de Nantes – LHEEA (for 51 months)
- Sig-I/O (for 49 months)
- Entr’ouvert (for 46 months)
- Adfinis SyGroup AG (for 44 months)
- GNI MEDIA (for 38 months)
- Laboratoire LEGI – UMR 5519 / CNRS (for 38 months)
- Quarantainenet BV (for 38 months)
- Bearstech (for 30 months)
- LiHAS (for 30 months)
- People Doc (for 26 months)
- Catalyst IT Ltd (for 24 months)
- Supagro (for 20 months)
- Demarcq SAS (for 18 months)
- TrapX Security (for 15 months)
- NCC Group (for 12 months)
- Université Grenoble Alpes (for 4 months)