Like each month, here comes a report about the work of paid contributors to Debian LTS.
In August, 212.5 work hours have been dispatched among 13 paid contributors. Their reports are available:
- Adrian Bunk got 8h assigned (plus 18 extra hours from July), but did nothing, thus he is carrying over 26h to September.
- Ben Hutchings did 20 hours (out of 20 hours allocated).
- Brian May did 10 hours (out of 10 hours allocated).
- Chris Lamb did 18 hours (out of 18 hours allocated).
- Emilio Pozuelo Monfort did 31 hours (out of 21.75h assigned plus 14.5 extra hours from July), thus he is carrying over 5.25h to September).
- Hugo Lefeuvre did 30.5 hours (out of 21.75 hours allocated, plus 8.75 extra hours from July).
- Jonas Meurer did 0.5 hours (out of 10, thus carrying 9.5h to September).
- Markus Koschany did 21.75 hours (out of 21.75 hours allocated).
- Mike Gabriel did 24 hours (out of 21.75 hours allocated plus 3 extra hours from July, thus keeping 0.75 extra hours for September).
- Ola Lundqvist got 8h assigned (plus 8 extra hours from August), but did nothing and gave back 8h, thus he is carrying over 8h to September.
- Roberto C. Sanchez did 8 hours (out of 8 hours allocated).
- Sylvain Beucler did 21.75 hours (out of 21.75 hours allocated).
- Thorsten Alteholz did 21.75 hours (out of 21.75 hours allocated).
Evolution of the situation
August was more or less a normal month, a bit still affected by summer in the area where most contributors live: so one contributor is still taking a break (thus we only had 13, not 14), two contributors were distracted by summer events and another one is still in training.
It’s been a while that we haven’t welcomed a new LTS sponsors. Nothing worrisome at this point as few sponsors are stopping, but after 5 years, some have moved on so it would be nice to keep finding new ones as well. We are still at 215 hours sponsored by month.
The security tracker currently lists 42 packages with a known CVE and the dla-needed.txt file has 39 packages needing an update.
Thanks to our sponsors
New sponsors are in bold.
- Platinum sponsors:
- TOSHIBA (for 48 months)
- GitHub (for 38 months)
- Civil Infrastructure Platform (CIP) (for 15 months)
- Gold sponsors:
- The Positive Internet Company (for 64 months)
- Blablacar (for 63 months)
- Roche Diagnostics International AG (for 58 months)
- Linode (for 52 months)
- Babiel GmbH (for 42 months)
- Plat’Home (for 41 months)
- Silver sponsors:
- Domeneshop AS (for 63 months)
- Nantes Métropole (for 57 months)
- Dalenys (for 53 months)
- Univention GmbH (for 49 months)
- Université Jean Monnet de St Etienne (for 49 months)
- Ribbon Communications, Inc. (for 42 months)
- maxcluster GmbH (for 36 months)
- Exonet B.V. (for 32 months)
- Leibniz Rechenzentrum (for 26 months)
- Vente-privee.com (for 23 months)
- CINECA (for 16 months)
- Ministère de l’Europe et des Affaires Étrangères (for 10 months)
- Bronze sponsors:
- Seznam.cz, a.s. (for 64 months)
- Evolix (for 63 months)
- MyTux (for 63 months)
- Intevation GmbH (for 60 months)
- Linuxhotel GmbH (for 60 months)
- Daevel SARL (for 59 months)
- Bitfolk LTD (for 58 months)
- Megaspace Internet Services GmbH (for 58 months)
- Greenbone Networks GmbH (for 57 months)
- NUMLOG (for 57 months)
- WinGo AG (for 56 months)
- Ecole Centrale de Nantes – LHEEA (for 52 months)
- Sig-I/O (for 50 months)
- Entr’ouvert (for 47 months)
- Adfinis SyGroup AG (for 45 months)
- GNI MEDIA (for 39 months)
- Laboratoire LEGI – UMR 5519 / CNRS (for 39 months)
- Tesorion (for 39 months)
- Bearstech (for 31 months)
- LiHAS (for 31 months)
- People Doc (for 27 months)
- Catalyst IT Ltd (for 25 months)
- Supagro (for 21 months)
- Demarcq SAS (for 19 months)
- TrapX Security (for 16 months)
- NCC Group (for 13 months)
- Université Grenoble Alpes (for 5 months)