Like each month, here comes a report about
the work of paid contributors
to Debian LTS.
In October, 214.50 work hours have been dispatched among 15 paid contributors. Their reports are available:
- Abhijith PA did 8.0h (out of 14h assigned) and gave the remaining 6h back to the pool.
- Adrian Bunk didn’t get any hours assigned as he had been carrying 26h from September, of which he gave 8h back, so thus carrying over 18h to November.
- Ben Hutchings did 22.25h (out of 22.75h assigned), thus carrying over 0.5h to November.
- Brian May did 10h (out of 10h assigned).
- Chris Lamb did 18h (out of 18h assigned).
- Emilio Pozuelo Monfort did 46.25h (out of 21.75h assigned at the beginning of the month and 24.5h assigned at the end of the month).
- Hugo Lefeuvre did 46.5h (out of 22.75h assigned and 23.75h from September).
- Jonas Meurer didn’t get any hours assigned and gave back the 14.5h he was carrying from September as he did nothing.
- Markus Koschany did 22.75h (out of 22.75h assigned).
- Mike Gabriel did 11.75h (out of 10h assigned and 1.75h from September).
- Ola Lundqvist did 8.5h (out of 8h assigned and 14h from September), thus carrying over 13.5h to November.
- Roberto C. Sánchez did 8h (out of 8h assigned).
- Sylvain Beucler did 22.75h (out of 22.75h assigned).
- Thorsten Alteholz did 22.75h (out of 22.75h assigned).
- Utkarsh Gupta did 10.0h (out of 10h assigned).
Evolution of the situation
In October Emilio spent many hours bringing firefox-esr 68 to jessie and stretch, thus expanding the impact from Debian LTS to stable security support. For jessie firefox-esr needed these packages to be backported: llvm-toolchain, gcc-mozilla, cmake-mozilla, nasm-mozilla, nodejs-mozilla, cargo, rustc and rust-cbindgen.
October was also the month were we saw the first paid contributions from Utkarsh Gupta, who was a trainee in September.
Starting in November we also have a new trainee, Dylan Aïssi. Welcome to the team, Dylan!
We currently have 59 LTS sponsors sponsoring 212h per month. Still, as always we are welcoming new LTS sponsors!
The security tracker currently lists 35 packages with a known CVE and the dla-needed.txt file has 35 packages needing an update.
Thanks to our sponsors
New sponsors are in bold.
- Platinum sponsors:
- TOSHIBA (for 49 months)
- GitHub (for 40 months)
- Civil Infrastructure Platform (CIP) (for 17 months)
- Gold sponsors:
- Blablacar (for 64 months)
- Roche Diagnostics International AG (for 60 months)
- Linode (for 54 months)
- Babiel GmbH (for 44 months)
- Plat’Home (for 43 months)
- Silver sponsors:
- The Positive Internet Company (for 66 months)
- Domeneshop AS (for 65 months)
- Nantes Métropole (for 59 months)
- Dalenys (for 55 months)
- Université Jean Monnet de St Etienne (for 51 months)
- Univention GmbH (for 50 months)
- Ribbon Communications, Inc. (for 44 months)
- maxcluster GmbH (for 38 months)
- Exonet B.V. (for 34 months)
- Leibniz Rechenzentrum (for 28 months)
- CINECA (for 18 months)
- Ministère de l’Europe et des Affaires Étrangères (for 12 months)
- Cloudways Ltd
- Bronze sponsors:
- Evolix (for 65 months)
- Seznam.cz, a.s. (for 65 months)
- MyTux (for 64 months)
- Intevation GmbH (for 62 months)
- Linuxhotel GmbH (for 62 months)
- Daevel SARL (for 61 months)
- Bitfolk LTD (for 60 months)
- Megaspace Internet Services GmbH (for 60 months)
- Greenbone Networks GmbH (for 59 months)
- NUMLOG (for 59 months)
- WinGo AG (for 58 months)
- Ecole Centrale de Nantes – LHEEA (for 54 months)
- Sig-I/O (for 52 months)
- Entr’ouvert (for 49 months)
- Adfinis SyGroup AG (for 47 months)
- GNI MEDIA (for 41 months)
- Laboratoire LEGI – UMR 5519 / CNRS (for 41 months)
- Tesorion (for 41 months)
- Bearstech (for 33 months)
- LiHAS (for 33 months)
- People Doc (for 29 months)
- Catalyst IT Ltd (for 27 months)
- Supagro (for 23 months)
- Demarcq SAS (for 21 months)
- TrapX Security (for 18 months)
- Université Grenoble Alpes (for 7 months)