Like each month, here comes a report about the work of paid contributors to Debian LTS.
Individual reportsIn November, 248.50 work hours have been dispatched among 14 paid contributors. Their reports are available:
- Abhijith PA did 8.0h (out of 8h assigned).
- Adrian Bunk got no hours assigned and did 18h from previous months.
- Ben Hutchings did 21.25h (out of 24.5h assigned and 0.5h from October), thus carrying over 3.75h to December.
- Brian May did 10h (out of 10h assigned).
- Chris Lamb did 18h (out of 18h assigned).
- Emilio Pozuelo Monfort did nothing to compensate for the extra hours that he worked in advance the month before (to finish the required backports for firefox).
- Hugo Lefeuvre did 1.75h (out of 24.5h assigned) but gave back the remaining hours.
- Markus Koschany did 24.5h (out of 24.5h assigned).
- Mike Gabriel did 15.0h (out of 15h assigned).
- Ola Lundqvist did 5.5h (out of 8h assigned and 13.5h from October), thus carrying over 16h to December.
- Roberto C. Sánchez did 24.5h (out of 24.5h assigned).
- Sylvain Beucler did 24.5h (out of 24.5h assigned).
- Thorsten Alteholz did 24.5h (out of 24.5h assigned).
- Utkarsh Gupta did 18.0h (out of 18h assigned).
Evolution of the situation
November was a quieter month again, most notably ‘#922246: www/lts: if DLA-1234-1 and DLA-1234-2 exist, only that last one shows up in indexes‘ was fixed, so that finally all DLAs show up on www.debian.org as they should.
We currently have 58 LTS sponsors each month sponsoring 215h. This month we are pleased to welcome the University of Oxford, TouchWeb and Dinahosting among our sponsors. It’s particularly interesting to see hosting providers that are creating financial incentives to migrate to newer versions: customers that don’t upgrade have to pay an extra amount which is then partly given back to Debian LTS.
The security tracker currently lists 35 packages with a known CVE and the dla-needed.txt file has 30 packages needing an update.
Thanks to our sponsors
New sponsors are in bold.
- Platinum sponsors:
- TOSHIBA (for 50 months)
- GitHub (for 41 months)
- Civil Infrastructure Platform (CIP) (for 18 months)
- Gold sponsors:
- Blablacar (for 66 months)
- Roche Diagnostics International AG (for 61 months)
- Linode (for 55 months)
- Babiel GmbH (for 45 months)
- Plat’Home (for 44 months)
- University of Oxford
- Silver sponsors:
- The Positive Internet Company (for 67 months)
- Domeneshop AS (for 66 months)
- Nantes Métropole (for 60 months)
- Dalenys (for 56 months)
- Univention GmbH (for 52 months)
- Université Jean Monnet de St Etienne (for 52 months)
- Ribbon Communications, Inc. (for 45 months)
- Exonet B.V. (for 35 months)
- Leibniz Rechenzentrum (for 29 months)
- CINECA (for 19 months)
- Ministère de l’Europe et des Affaires Étrangères (for 13 months)
- Cloudways Ltd
- Dinahosting SL
- Bronze sponsors:
- Seznam.cz, a.s. (for 67 months)
- Evolix (for 66 months)
- MyTux (for 66 months)
- Intevation GmbH (for 63 months)
- Linuxhotel GmbH (for 63 months)
- Daevel SARL (for 62 months)
- Bitfolk LTD (for 61 months)
- Megaspace Internet Services GmbH (for 61 months)
- Greenbone Networks GmbH (for 60 months)
- NUMLOG (for 60 months)
- WinGo AG (for 59 months)
- Ecole Centrale de Nantes – LHEEA (for 55 months)
- Sig-I/O (for 53 months)
- Entr’ouvert (for 50 months)
- Adfinis SyGroup AG (for 48 months)
- GNI MEDIA (for 42 months)
- Laboratoire LEGI – UMR 5519 / CNRS (for 42 months)
- Tesorion (for 42 months)
- Bearstech (for 34 months)
- LiHAS (for 34 months)
- People Doc (for 30 months)
- Catalyst IT Ltd (for 28 months)
- Supagro (for 24 months)
- Demarcq SAS (for 22 months)
- TrapX Security (for 19 months)
- Université Grenoble Alpes (for 8 months)
- TouchWeb SAS