Individual reportsIn March, 252 work hours have been dispatched among 14 paid contributors. Their reports are available:
- Abhijith PA did 16.0h (out of 14h assigned and 2h from February).
- Ben Hutchings did 12.25h (out of 20h assigned and 0.75h from February), thus carrying over 8.5h to April.
- Brian May did 10h (out of 10h assigned).
- Chris Lamb did 18h (out of 18h assigned).
- Dylan Aïssi did 6h (out of 6h assigned).
- Emilio Pozuelo Monfort did 19.5h (out of 30h assigned and 6.75h from February), thus carrying over 17.25h to April.
- Hugo Lefeuvre gave back the 12h he got assigned.
- Markus Koschany did 10h (out of 30h assigned and 18.75h from February), thus carrying over 38.75h to April.
- Mike Gabriel did 10.25h (out of 8h assigned and 2.25h from February).
- Ola Lundqvist did 6h (out of 12h assigned and 2.5h from February), thus carrying over 8.5h to April.
- Roberto C. Sánchez did 6.25h (out of 8h assigned), and gave back the remaining 1.75h.
- Sylvain Beucler did 30h (out of 30h assigned).
- Thorsten Alteholz did 30h (out of 30h assigned).
- Utkarsh Gupta did 24h (out of 24h assigned).
Evolution of the situation
March was a strange month for many people all over the globe. Here we’ll just express our hopes that you are and will be well!
LTS gained a new contributor in March, Anton Gladky, however he then decided to become active later this year. Similarly Hugo Lefeuvre notified us that he’ll be inactive in April.
In case you missed it (or missed to act), please read this post about keeping Debian 8 Jessie alive for longer than 5 years. If you expect to have Debian 8 servers/devices running after June 30th 2020, and would like to have security updates for them, please get in touch with Freexian. Hurry up: the end of Jessie LTS is coming in less than three months!
The security tracker currently lists 25 packages with a known CVE and the dla-needed.txt file has 23 packages needing an update.
Thanks to our sponsors
New sponsors are in bold.
- Platinum sponsors:
- TOSHIBA (for 55 months)
- GitHub (for 45 months)
- Civil Infrastructure Platform (CIP) (for 22 months)
- Gold sponsors:
- Blablacar (for 70 months)
- Roche Diagnostics International AG (for 65 months)
- Linode (for 59 months)
- Babiel GmbH (for 49 months)
- Plat’Home (for 48 months)
- University of Oxford (for 4 months)
- Silver sponsors:
- The Positive Internet Company (for 71 months)
- Domeneshop AS (for 70 months)
- Nantes Métropole (for 64 months)
- Univention GmbH (for 56 months)
- Université Jean Monnet de St Etienne (for 56 months)
- Ribbon Communications, Inc. (for 49 months)
- Exonet B.V. (for 39 months)
- Leibniz Rechenzentrum (for 33 months)
- CINECA (for 23 months)
- Ministère de l’Europe et des Affaires Étrangères (for 17 months)
- Cloudways Ltd (for 6 months)
- Dinahosting SL (for 4 months)
- Bronze sponsors:
- Seznam.cz, a.s. (for 71 months)
- Evolix (for 70 months)
- MyTux (for 70 months)
- Intevation GmbH (for 67 months)
- Linuxhotel GmbH (for 67 months)
- Daevel SARL (for 66 months)
- Bitfolk LTD (for 65 months)
- Megaspace Internet Services GmbH (for 65 months)
- Greenbone Networks GmbH (for 64 months)
- NUMLOG (for 64 months)
- WinGo AG (for 63 months)
- Ecole Centrale de Nantes – LHEEA (for 59 months)
- Sig-I/O (for 57 months)
- Entr’ouvert (for 54 months)
- Adfinis SyGroup AG (for 52 months)
- GNI MEDIA (for 46 months)
- Laboratoire LEGI – UMR 5519 / CNRS (for 46 months)
- Tesorion (for 46 months)
- Bearstech (for 38 months)
- LiHAS (for 38 months)
- People Doc (for 34 months)
- Catalyst IT Ltd (for 32 months)
- Supagro (for 28 months)
- Demarcq SAS (for 26 months)
- TrapX Security (for 23 months)
- Université Grenoble Alpes (for 12 months)
- TouchWeb SAS (for 4 months)
- SPiN AG