Like each month, here comes a report about the work of paid contributors to Debian LTS.
Individual reportsIn June, 202.00 work hours have been dispatched among 12 paid contributors. Their reports are available:
- Abhijith PA did 8h (out of 14h assigned), thus carrying over 6h to July.
- Ben Hutchings did 20h (out of 20h assigned).
- Brian May did 10h (out of 10h assigned).
- Chris Lamb did 18h (out of 18h assigned).
- Emilio Pozuelo Monfort did 4h from his backlog of 58.25h from May, thus carrying over 54.25h to July.
- Markus Koschany did 60h (out of 48.25h backlog from May and 11.75h extra hours manually assigned).
- Mike Gabriel did 8h (out of 8h assigned).
- Ola Lundqvist did 12.5h (out of 12h assigned and 7.5h from May), thus carrying over 7h to July.
- Roberto C. Sánchez did 28.75h (out of 30h assigned), thus carrying over 1.25h to July.
- Sylvain Beucler did 30h (out of 30h assigned).
- Thorsten Alteholz did 30h (out of 30h assigned).
- Utkarsh Gupta did 30h (out of 30h assigned).
Evolution of the situation
June was the last month of Jessie LTS which ended on 2020-06-20. If you still need to run
Jessie somewhere, please read the
about keeping Debian 8 Jessie alive for longer than 5 years.
So, as (Jessie) LTS is dead, long live the new LTS, Stretch LTS! Stretch has received its last point release, so regular LTS operations can now continue.
Accompanying this, for the first time, we have prepared a small survey about our users and contributors, who they are and why they are using LTS. Filling out the survey should take less than 10 minutes. We would really appreciate if you could participate in the survey online! On July 27th 2020 we will close the survey, so please don’t hesitate and participate now! After that, there will be a followup with the results.
The security tracker for Stretch LTS currently lists 29 packages with a known CVE and the dla-needed.txt file has 44 packages needing an update in Stretch LTS.
Thanks to our sponsors
New sponsors are in bold.We welcome CoreFiling this month!
- Platinum sponsors:
- TOSHIBA (for 58 months)
- GitHub (for 48 months)
- Civil Infrastructure Platform (CIP) (for 26 months)
- Gold sponsors:
- Blablacar (for 73 months)
- Roche Diagnostics International AG (for 69 months)
- Linode (for 63 months)
- Babiel GmbH (for 52 months)
- Plat’Home (for 51 months)
- University of Oxford (for 8 months)
- Silver sponsors:
- The Positive Internet Company (for 74 months)
- Domeneshop AS (for 73 months)
- Nantes Métropole (for 67 months)
- Univention GmbH (for 59 months)
- Université Jean Monnet de St Etienne (for 59 months)
- Ribbon Communications, Inc. (for 53 months)
- Exonet B.V. (for 42 months)
- Leibniz Rechenzentrum (for 36 months)
- CINECA (for 26 months)
- Ministère de l’Europe et des Affaires Étrangères (for 20 months)
- Cloudways Ltd (for 9 months)
- Dinahosting SL (for 7 months)
- Bauer Xcel Media Deutschland KG
- Bronze sponsors:
- Seznam.cz, a.s. (for 74 months)
- Evolix (for 73 months)
- Linuxhotel GmbH (for 71 months)
- Intevation GmbH (for 70 months)
- Daevel SARL (for 69 months)
- Bitfolk LTD (for 68 months)
- Megaspace Internet Services GmbH (for 68 months)
- Greenbone Networks GmbH (for 67 months)
- NUMLOG (for 67 months)
- WinGo AG (for 66 months)
- Ecole Centrale de Nantes – LHEEA (for 63 months)
- Entr’ouvert (for 58 months)
- Adfinis AG (for 55 months)
- Laboratoire LEGI – UMR 5519 / CNRS (for 50 months)
- Tesorion (for 50 months)
- GNI MEDIA (for 49 months)
- Bearstech (for 41 months)
- LiHAS (for 41 months)
- People Doc (for 37 months)
- Catalyst IT Ltd (for 36 months)
- Supagro (for 31 months)
- Demarcq SAS (for 29 months)
- Université Grenoble Alpes (for 16 months)
- TouchWeb SAS (for 8 months)
- SPiN AG (for 4 months)