Like each month, have a look at the work funded by Freexian’s Debian LTS offering.
Debian project funding
In January, we put aside 2175 EUR to fund Debian projects. As part of this Carles Pina i Estany started to work on better no-dsa support for the PTS which recently resulted in two merge requests which will hopefully be deployed soon.
We’re looking forward to receive more projects from various Debian teams! Learn more about the rationale behind this initiative in this article.
Debian LTS contributorsIn January, 13 contributors have been paid to work on Debian LTS, their reports are available:
- Abhijith PA did 9.0h (out of 14h assigned and 7h from December), thus carrying over 12h to February.
- Adrian Bunk did 14h (out of 26h assigned), thus carrying over 12h to February, which he then gave back.
- Ben Hutchings did 0.25h (out of 7h assigned and 8.5h from December), thus carrying over 15.25h to February.
- Brian May did 10h (out of 10h assigned).
- Chris Lamb did 18h (out of 18h assigned).
- Emilio Pozuelo Monfort did not report back about their work so we assume they did nothing (out of 26h assigned plus 9.5h from December), thus is carrying over 35.5h for February.
- Holger Levsen did 6.5h coordinating/managing the LTS team..
- Markus Koschany did 36.75h (out of 26h assigned and 10.75h from December).
- Ola Lundqvist did 2.5h (out of 10.5h assigned and 11.5h from December) and gave back 9.5 hours, thus carrying over 10h to February.
- Roberto C. Sánchez did 6h (out of 26h assigned), thus carrying over 20h to February, which he then gave back.
- Sylvain Beucler did 26h (out of 26h assigned).
- Thorsten Alteholz did 26h (out of 26h assigned).
- Utkarsh Gupta did 26h (out of 26h assigned).
Evolution of the situation
In January we released 28 DLAs
and held our first
LTS team meeting for 2021 on IRC, with the next public IRC meeting coming up at the end of March.
During that meeting Utkarsh shared that after he rolled out the python-certbot update (on December 8th 2020) the maintainer told him: “I just checked with Let’s Encrypt, and the stats show that you just saved 142,500 people from having their certificates start failing next month. I didn’t know LTS was still that used!”
Finally, we would like to welcome sipgate GmbH as a new silver sponsor. Also remember that we are constantly looking for new contributors. Please contact Holger if you are interested.
The security tracker currently lists 43 packages with a known CVE and the dla-needed.txt file has 23 packages needing an update.
Thanks to our sponsors
Sponsors that joined recently are in bold.
- Platinum sponsors:
- TOSHIBA (for 65 months)
- GitHub (for 55 months)
- Civil Infrastructure Platform (CIP) (for 33 months)
- Gold sponsors:
- Blablacar (for 80 months)
- Roche Diagnostics International AG (for 76 months)
- Linode (for 70 months)
- Babiel GmbH (for 59 months)
- Plat’Home (for 58 months)
- University of Oxford (for 15 months)
- Silver sponsors:
- The Positive Internet Company (for 81 months)
- Domeneshop AS (for 80 months)
- Nantes Métropole (for 74 months)
- Univention GmbH (for 66 months)
- Université Jean Monnet de St Etienne (for 66 months)
- Ribbon Communications, Inc. (for 60 months)
- Exonet B.V. (for 49 months)
- Leibniz Rechenzentrum (for 43 months)
- CINECA (for 33 months)
- Ministère de l’Europe et des Affaires Étrangères (for 27 months)
- Cloudways Ltd (for 16 months)
- Dinahosting SL (for 14 months)
- Platform.sh (for 9 months)
- Bauer Xcel Media Deutschland KG (for 8 months)
- Moxa Intelligence Co., Ltd.
- sipgate GmbH
- Bronze sponsors:
- Seznam.cz, a.s. (for 81 months)
- Evolix (for 80 months)
- Linuxhotel GmbH (for 78 months)
- Intevation GmbH (for 77 months)
- Daevel SARL (for 76 months)
- Bitfolk LTD (for 75 months)
- Megaspace Internet Services GmbH (for 75 months)
- Greenbone Networks GmbH (for 74 months)
- NUMLOG (for 74 months)
- WinGo AG (for 73 months)
- Ecole Centrale de Nantes – LHEEA (for 69 months)
- Entr’ouvert (for 65 months)
- Adfinis AG (for 62 months)
- Tesorion (for 57 months)
- GNI MEDIA (for 56 months)
- Laboratoire LEGI – UMR 5519 / CNRS (for 56 months)
- Bearstech (for 48 months)
- LiHAS (for 48 months)
- People Doc (for 44 months)
- Catalyst IT Ltd (for 42 months)
- Supagro (for 38 months)
- Demarcq SAS (for 36 months)
- Université Grenoble Alpes (for 22 months)
- TouchWeb SAS (for 14 months)
- SPiN AG (for 11 months)
- CoreFiling (for 7 months)
- Institut des sciences cognitives Marc Jeannerod