Like each month, have a look at the work funded by Freexian’s Debian LTS offering.
Debian project funding
In February, we put aside 5475 EUR to fund Debian projects. The first project from this initiative was finished and thus Carles Pina was able to issue the first invoice!
We are looking forward to receive more projects from various Debian teams and contributors. Learn more about the rationale behind this initiative in this article.
Debian LTS contributors
In February, 12 contributors have been paid to work on Debian LTS, their reports are available:
- Abhijith PA did 19.0h (out of 7h assigned and 12h from January).
- Ben Hutchings did 19h (out of 16h assigned and 15.25h from January), thus carrying over 12.25h to March.
- Brian May did 10h (out of 10h assigned).
- Chris Lamb did 18h (out of 18h assigned).
- Emilio Pozuelo Monfort did not report back about their work so for now we assume they did nothing (out of 28h assigned plus 35.5h from January), thus is carrying over 63.5h for March.
- Holger Levsen did 6h coordinating/managing the LTS team.
- Markus Koschany did 23.25h (out of 23.25h assigned).
- Ola Lundqvist did 7h (out of 12h assigned and 10h from January) and gave back 5h, thus carrying over 10h to March.
- Roberto C. Sánchez did 10.5h (out of 32h assigned), thus carrying over 21.5h to March.
- Sylvain Beucler did 30h (out of 30h assigned).
- Thorsten Alteholz did 30h (out of 30h assigned).
- Utkarsh Gupta did 60h (out of 60h assigned).
Evolution of the situation
In February we released 28 DLAs (including one regression update) and we held an internal team meeting using video chat.
Finally, as every month we would like to remark once again that we are constantly looking for new contributors. Please contact Holger if you are interested!
The security tracker currently lists 46 packages with a known CVE and the dla-needed.txt file has 34 packages needing an update.
Thanks to our sponsors
Sponsors that joined recently are in bold.
- Platinum sponsors:
- TOSHIBA (for 66 months)
- GitHub (for 56 months)
- Civil Infrastructure Platform (CIP) (for 34 months)
- Gold sponsors:
- Blablacar (for 81 months)
- Roche Diagnostics International AG (for 77 months)
- Linode (for 71 months)
- Babiel GmbH (for 60 months)
- Plat’Home (for 59 months)
- University of Oxford (for 16 months)
- Deveryware (for 3 months)
- Silver sponsors:
- The Positive Internet Company (for 82 months)
- Domeneshop AS (for 81 months)
- Nantes Métropole (for 75 months)
- Univention GmbH (for 67 months)
- Université Jean Monnet de St Etienne (for 67 months)
- Ribbon Communications, Inc. (for 61 months)
- Exonet B.V. (for 51 months)
- Leibniz Rechenzentrum (for 45 months)
- CINECA (for 34 months)
- Ministère de l’Europe et des Affaires Étrangères (for 28 months)
- Cloudways Ltd (for 17 months)
- Dinahosting SL (for 15 months)
- Platform.sh (for 10 months)
- Bauer Xcel Media Deutschland KG (for 9 months)
- Moxa Intelligence Co., Ltd. (for 4 months)
- sipgate GmbH
- Bronze sponsors:
- Evolix (for 82 months)
- Seznam.cz, a.s. (for 82 months)
- Linuxhotel GmbH (for 79 months)
- Intevation GmbH (for 78 months)
- Daevel SARL (for 77 months)
- Bitfolk LTD (for 76 months)
- Megaspace Internet Services GmbH (for 76 months)
- Greenbone Networks GmbH (for 75 months)
- NUMLOG (for 75 months)
- WinGo AG (for 74 months)
- Ecole Centrale de Nantes – LHEEA (for 71 months)
- Entr’ouvert (for 66 months)
- Adfinis AG (for 63 months)
- Laboratoire LEGI – UMR 5519 / CNRS (for 58 months)
- Tesorion (for 58 months)
- GNI MEDIA (for 57 months)
- Bearstech (for 49 months)
- LiHAS (for 49 months)
- People Doc (for 45 months)
- Catalyst IT Ltd (for 44 months)
- Supagro (for 39 months)
- Demarcq SAS (for 38 months)
- Université Grenoble Alpes (for 24 months)
- TouchWeb SAS (for 16 months)
- SPiN AG (for 12 months)
- CoreFiling (for 8 months)
- Institut des sciences cognitives Marc Jeannerod (for 3 months)