Every month we review the work funded by Freexian’s Debian LTS offering. Please find the report for October below.
Debian project funding
- Our project funding work continues with an active bid on the work of packaging gradle in Debian. The next steps are reviewing the bid and formal approval.
- In October 2,475 EUR was put aside to fund Debian projects.
We’re looking forward to receiving more projects from various Debian teams! Learn more about the rationale behind this initiative in this article.
Debian LTS contributors
In October 12 contributors were paid to work on Debian LTS, their reports are available below.
- Adrian Bunk did 40.5h in October (out of 28.5h assigned and 18h remaining, thus keeping 6h for November).
- Anton Gladky did 12h (out of 12h assigned).
- Ben Hutchings did 14.75h in October (out of 2h assigned and 28h remaining, thus keeping 15.25h for November).
- Chris Lamb did 18h (out of 18h assigned).
- Holger Levsen did 1h (out of 12h assigned, but gave back the remaining 11h).
- Jeremiah Foster worked 20h (out of 20h assigned and 10h remaining, thus keeping 10h for November).
- Markus Koschany did 28.5h (out of 28.5h assigned).
- Ola Lundqvist did 5h (out of 5h assigned).
- Roberto C. Sánchez did 28.5h (out of 28.5h assigned).
- Sylvain Beucler did 23.5h (out of 28.5h assigned, but gave back the remaining 5h).
- Thorsten Alteholz did 28.5h (out of 28.5h assigned).
- Utkarsh Gupta did 28.5h (out of 28.5h assigned).
Evolution of the situation
In October we released 34 DLAs.
Also, we would like to remark once again that we are constantly looking for new contributors. Please contact Jeremiah if you are interested!
The security tracker currently lists 37 packages with a known CVE and the dla-needed.txt file has 22 packages needing an update.
Thanks to our sponsors
Sponsors that joined recently are in bold.
- Platinum sponsors:
- TOSHIBA (for 74 months)
- GitHub (for 64 months)
- Civil Infrastructure Platform (CIP) (for 42 months)
- Gold sponsors:
- Roche Diagnostics International AG (for 85 months)
- Linode (for 79 months)
- Babiel GmbH (for 68 months)
- Plat’Home (for 67 months)
- University of Oxford (for 24 months)
- Deveryware (for 11 months)
- Silver sponsors:
- The Positive Internet Company (for 90 months)
- Domeneshop AS (for 89 months)
- Nantes Métropole (for 83 months)
- Univention GmbH (for 75 months)
- Université Jean Monnet de St Etienne (for 75 months)
- Ribbon Communications, Inc. (for 69 months)
- Exonet B.V. (for 59 months)
- Leibniz Rechenzentrum (for 53 months)
- CINECA (for 42 months)
- Ministère de l’Europe et des Affaires Étrangères (for 36 months)
- Cloudways Ltd (for 25 months)
- Dinahosting SL (for 23 months)
- Platform.sh (for 18 months)
- Bauer Xcel Media Deutschland KG (for 17 months)
- Moxa Intelligence Co., Ltd. (for 12 months)
- sipgate GmbH (for 9 months)
- OVH US LLC (for 7 months)
- Tilburg University (for 7 months)
- Bronze sponsors:
- Evolix (for 90 months)
- Seznam.cz, a.s. (for 90 months)
- Linuxhotel GmbH (for 87 months)
- Intevation GmbH (for 86 months)
- Daevel SARL (for 85 months)
- Bitfolk LTD (for 84 months)
- Megaspace Internet Services GmbH (for 84 months)
- Greenbone Networks GmbH (for 83 months)
- NUMLOG (for 83 months)
- WinGo AG (for 82 months)
- Ecole Centrale de Nantes – LHEEA (for 79 months)
- Entr’ouvert (for 74 months)
- Adfinis AG (for 71 months)
- Laboratoire LEGI – UMR 5519 / CNRS (for 66 months)
- Tesorion (for 66 months)
- GNI MEDIA (for 65 months)
- Bearstech (for 57 months)
- LiHAS (for 57 months)
- People Doc (for 53 months)
- Catalyst IT Ltd (for 52 months)
- Supagro (for 47 months)
- Demarcq SAS (for 46 months)
- Université Grenoble Alpes (for 32 months)
- TouchWeb SAS (for 24 months)
- SPiN AG (for 20 months)
- CoreFiling (for 16 months)
- Institut des sciences cognitives Marc Jeannerod (for 11 months)
- Observatoire des Sciences de l’Univers de Grenoble (for 7 months)
- Tem Innovations GmbH
- CNRS DT INSU Résif