Like each month, here comes a report about the work of paid contributors to Debian LTS.
In October, about 144 work hours have been dispatched among 12 paid contributors. Their reports are available:
- Antoine Beaupré did 8.5h (out of 13h allocated + 3.75h remaining, thus keeping 8.25h for December).
- Ben Hutchings did 17 hours (out of 13h allocated + 4 extra hours).
- Brian May did 10 hours.
- Chris Lamb did 13 hours.
- Emilio Pozuelo Monfort did 14.5 hours (out of 13 hours allocated + 15.25 hours remaining, thus keeping 13.75 hours for December).
- Guido Günther did 14 hours (out of 11h allocated + 5.5 extra hours, thus keeping 2.5h for December).
- Hugo Lefeuvre did 13h.
- Lucas Kanashiro did not request any work hours, but he had 3 hours left. He did not publish any report yet.
- Markus Koschany did 14.75 hours (out of 13 allocated + 1.75 extra hours).
- Ola Lundqvist did 7h.
- Raphaël Hertzog did 10 hours (out of 12h allocated, thus keeping 2 extra hours for December).
- Roberto C. Sanchez did 32.5 hours (out of 13 hours allocated + 24.50 hours remaining, thus keeping 5 extra hours for November).
- Thorsten Alteholz did 13 hours.
About external support partners
You might notice that there is sometimes a significant gap between the number of distributed work hours each month and the number of sponsored hours reported in the “Evolution of the situation” section. This is mainly due to some work hours that are “externalized” (but also because some sponsors pay too late). For instance, since we don’t have Xen experts among our Debian contributors, we rely on credativ to do the Xen security work for us. And when we get an invoice, we convert that to a number of hours that we drop from the available hours in the following month. And in the last months, Xen has been a significant drain to our resources: 35 work hours made in September (invoiced in early October and taken off from the November hours detailed above), 6.25 hours in October, 21.5 hours in November. We also have a similar partnership with Diego Bierrun to help us maintain libav, but here the number of hours tend to be very low.
In both cases, the work done by those paid partners is made freely available for others under the original license: credativ maintains a Xen 4.1 branch on GitHub, Diego commits his work on the release/0.8 branch in the official git repository.
Evolution of the situation
The number of sponsored hours did not change at 183 hours per month. It would be nice if we could continue to find new sponsors as the amount of work seems to be slowly growing too.
The security tracker currently lists 55 packages with a known CVE and the dla-needed.txt file 35 (we’re a bit behind in CVE triaging apparently).
Thanks to our sponsors
New sponsors are in bold.
- Platinum sponsors:
- Gold sponsors:
- The Positive Internet (for 42 months)
- Blablacar (for 41 months)
- Linode (for 31 months)
- Babiel GmbH (for 20 months)
- Plat’Home (for 20 months)
- Silver sponsors:
- Domeneshop AS (for 41 months)
- Université Lille 3 (for 41 months)
- Trollweb Solutions (for 39 months)
- Nantes Métropole (for 35 months)
- Dalenys (for 32 months)
- Univention GmbH (for 27 months)
- Université Jean Monnet de St Etienne (for 27 months)
- Sonus Networks (for 21 months)
- maxcluster GmbH (for 15 months)
- Exonet B.V. (for 11 months)
- Leibniz Rechenzentrum (for 5 months)
- Bronze sponsors:
- David Ayers – IntarS Austria (for 42 months)
- Evolix (for 42 months)
- Offensive Security (for 42 months)
- Seznam.cz, a.s. (for 42 months)
- Freeside Internet Service (for 41 months)
- MyTux (for 41 months)
- Intevation GmbH (for 39 months)
- Linuxhotel GmbH (for 39 months)
- Daevel SARL (for 37 months)
- Bitfolk LTD (for 36 months)
- Megaspace Internet Services GmbH (for 36 months)
- Greenbone Networks GmbH (for 35 months)
- NUMLOG (for 35 months)
- WinGo AG (for 35 months)
- Ecole Centrale de Nantes – LHEEA (for 31 months)
- Sig-I/O (for 28 months)
- Entr’ouvert (for 26 months)
- Adfinis SyGroup AG (for 23 months)
- GNI MEDIA (for 18 months)
- Laboratoire LEGI – UMR 5519 / CNRS (for 18 months)
- Quarantainenet BV (for 18 months)
- RHX Srl (for 15 months)
- Bearstech (for 9 months)
- LiHAS (for 9 months)
- People Doc (for 6 months)
- Catalyst IT Ltd (for 4 months)