In September, 71.50 work hours have been dispatched among 7 paid contributors. Their reports are available:
- Ben Hutchings did 9 hours (out of the 14.5 hours that he had allocated, he will catch up in October).
- Guido Günther did 8 hours.
- Mike Gabriel did 16 hours (8 assigned + 8 remaining from month before).
- Raphaël Hertzog did 8 hours.
- Santiago Ruano Rincón did 14.5 hours.
- Scott Kitterman did nothing out of the 4 hours allocated. He will catch up in October.
- Thorsten Alteholz did 14.50 hours.
Evolution of the situation
October is back to the highest level of funding with 85.5 hours funded. The late sponsors have all caught up now. And next month will again rise to a new record with multiple sponsors having joined up. So far we already have two new silver sponsors (Université Jean Monnet de Saint-Étienne and Univention GmbH) and a new bronze sponsor (Entr’ouvert). Many thanks to them!
With those sponsors we crossed the 50% mark that was our first objective. \o/ But we still need more support to reach our second goal of funding the equivalent of a full time position.
That said the increased level of support already allows us to do a better job in some areas that have been neglected : I asked the paid contributors to work towards providing mysql-5.5 in squeeze since version 5.1 is no longer supported by Oracle. We need beta testers to test the upgrade, see this message on the mailling list.
In terms of security updates waiting to be handled, the situation is close to last month: the dla-needed.txt file lists 15 packages awaiting an update (3 less than last month), the list of open vulnerabilities in Squeeze shows about 23 affected packages in total (7 less than last month).
Thanks to our sponsors
The new sponsors are in bold.
- Gold sponsors:
- The Positive Internet (for 16 months already)
- Blablacar (for 15 months already)
- Linode LLC (for 5 months already)
- Silver sponsors:
- David Ayers – IntarS Austria (for 16 months already)
- Domeneshop AS (for 15 months already)
- Université Lille 3 (for 15 months already)
- Trollweb Solutions (for 13 months already)
- Gandi SAS (for 10 months already)
- University of Luxembourg (for 7 months already)
- Rentabiliweb Group (for 5 months already)
- Univention GmbH
- Université Jean Monnet de St Etienne
- Bronze sponsors:
- Offensive Security (for 16 months already)
- Seznam.cz, a.s. (for 16 months already)
- Evolix (for 15 months already)
- Freeside Internet Service (for 15 months already)
- MyTux (for 15 months already)
- Linuxhotel GmbH (for 13 months already)
- Intevation GmbH (for 12 months already)
- Daevel SARL (for 11 months already)
- FOSSter (for 11 months already)
- Bitfolk LTD (for 10 months already)
- Megaspace Internet Services GmbH (for 10 months already)
- Gree, Inc. (for 9 months already)
- Greenbone Networks GmbH (for 9 months already)
- NUMLOG (for 9 months already)
- WinGo AG (for 8 months already)
- Ecole Centrale de Nantes – LHEEA (for 5 months already)