In December, 113.50 work hours have been dispatched among 9 paid contributors. Their reports are available:
- Antoine Beaupré did 8h for his first month of work on LTS.
- Ben Hutchings did 20 hours (out of 15 hours allocated + 15 extra hours remaining, meaning that he has 10 extra hours to do over January).
- Chris Lamb did 12 hours.
- Guido Günther did 9 hours (out of 8 hours allocated + 2 remaining, thus keeping 1 extra hour for January).
- Mike Gabriel did nothing (the 8 hours allocated are carried over for January).
- Raphaël Hertzog did 21.25 hours (18h allocated + 3.25h taken over from Mike’s unused hours of November).
- Santiago Ruano Rincón did 15 hours (out of 18.25h allocated + 2 remaining + 3.25 taken over from Mike’s unused hours of November, thus keeping 8.50 extra hours for January).
- Scott Kitterman did 8 hours.
- Thorsten Alteholz did 21.25 hours (out of 18.25h allocated + 3 hours taken over from Mike’s unused hours of November).
Evolution of the situation
We lost our first silver sponsor (Gandi.net, they prefer to give the same amount of money to Debian directly) and another sponsor reduced his sponsorship level. While this won’t show in the hours dispatched in January, we will do a small jump backwards in February (unless we get new sponsors replacing those in the next 3 weeks).
This is a bit unfortunate as we are rather looking at reinforcing the amount of sponsorship we get as we approach Wheezy LTS and we will need more support to properly support virtualization related packages and other packages that were formerly excluded from Squeeze LTS. Can you convince your company and help us reach our second goal?
In terms of security updates waiting to be handled, the situation is close to last month. It looks like that having about 20 packages needing an update is the normal situation and that we can’t really get further down given the time required to process some updates (sometimes we wait until the upstream authors provides a patch, and so on).
Thanks to our sponsors
We got one new bronze sponsor but he’s not listed (he did not fill the form where we request their permission to be listed).
- Platinum sponsors:
- TOSHIBA (for 3 months)
- Gold sponsors:
- Silver sponsors:
- Domeneshop AS (for 18 months)
- Université Lille 3 (for 18 months)
- Trollweb Solutions (for 16 months)
- University of Luxembourg (for 10 months)
- Rentabiliweb Group (for 8 months)
- Univention GmbH (for 4 months)
- Université Jean Monnet de St Etienne (for 4 months)
- Bronze sponsors:
- David Ayers – IntarS Austria (for 19 months)
- Offensive Security (for 19 months)
- Seznam.cz, a.s. (for 19 months)
- Evolix (for 18 months)
- Freeside Internet Service (for 18 months)
- MyTux (for 18 months)
- Linuxhotel GmbH (for 16 months)
- Intevation GmbH (for 15 months)
- Daevel SARL (for 14 months)
- Bitfolk LTD (for 13 months)
- Megaspace Internet Services GmbH (for 13 months)
- Gree, Inc. (for 12 months)
- Greenbone Networks GmbH (for 12 months)
- NUMLOG (for 12 months)
- WinGo AG (for 11 months)
- Ecole Centrale de Nantes – LHEEA (for 7 months)
- Sig-I/O (for 5 months)
- Entr’ouvert (for 3 months)