In February, 112.50 work hours have been dispatched among 11 paid contributors. Their reports are available:
- Antoine Beaupré did 8h.
- Ben Hutchings did 14 hours (out of 11.25 hours allocated + 10 extra hours remaining, meaning that he still has 7.25 extra hours to do over March).
- Brian May did 10 hours.
- Chris Lamb did 18 hours (instead of the 11.25 hours he was allocated, he will work less in March).
- Damyan Ivanov did 4 hours (out of 11.25 hours allocated, leaving 7.25 extra hours for March).
- Guido Günther did 7 hours (out of 11.25 hours allocated, leaving 4.25 extra hours for March).
- Markus Koschany did 11.25 hours.
- Mike Gabriel did 8 hours.
- Santiago Ruano Rincón did 12 hours (out of 11h allocated + 2.50 remaining, thus keeping 1.50 extra hours for March).
- Scott Kitterman did 8 hours.
- Thorsten Alteholz did 11.25 hours.
Evolution of the situation
The number of sponsored hours continued to decrease a little bit. It’s not worrisome yet but we should try to get back to a positive slope if we want to be able to do an outstanding job for wheezy LTS. On the positive side, TOSHIBA renewed their platinum sponsorship for another 6 months at least and we have some contacts for new sponsors, though they are far from being concluded yet.
We are now in transition between squeeze LTS and wheezy LTS. The paid contributors are helping the security team by fixing packages that were fixed in squeeze already but that are still outstanding in wheezy. They are also taking generic measures to prepare wheezy LTS (for example to ensure all packages work with OpenJDK 7.x since support for 6.x will be dropped in the LTS period).
Thanks to our sponsors
New sponsors are in bold (none this month).
- Platinum sponsors:
- TOSHIBA (for 5 months)
- Gold sponsors:
- Silver sponsors:
- Domeneshop AS (for 20 months)
- Université Lille 3 (for 20 months)
- Trollweb Solutions (for 18 months)
- Nantes Métropole (for 14 months)
- University of Luxembourg (for 12 months)
- Dalenys (for 10 months)
- Univention GmbH (for 6 months)
- Université Jean Monnet de St Etienne (for 6 months)
- Bronze sponsors:
- David Ayers – IntarS Austria (for 21 months)
- Offensive Security (for 21 months)
- Seznam.cz, a.s. (for 21 months)
- Evolix (for 20 months)
- Freeside Internet Service (for 20 months)
- MyTux (for 20 months)
- Linuxhotel GmbH (for 18 months)
- Intevation GmbH (for 17 months)
- Daevel SARL (for 16 months)
- Bitfolk LTD (for 15 months)
- Megaspace Internet Services GmbH (for 15 months)
- Greenbone Networks GmbH (for 14 months)
- NUMLOG (for 14 months)
- WinGo AG (for 13 months)
- Ecole Centrale de Nantes – LHEEA (for 9 months)
- Sig-I/O (for 7 months)
- Entr’ouvert (for 5 months)
- Adfinis SyGroup AG