In April, 116.75 work hours have been dispatched among 9 paid contributors. Their reports are available:
- Antoine Beaupré did 16h.
- Ben Hutchings did 12.25 hours (out of 15 hours allocated + 5.50 extra hours remaining, he returned the remaining 8.25h to the pool).
- Brian May did 10 hours.
- Chris Lamb did nothing (instead of the 16 hours he was allocated, his hours have been redispatched to other contributors over May).
- Guido Günther did 2 hours (out of 8 hours allocated + 3.25 remaining hours, leaving 9.25 extra hours for May).
- Markus Koschany did 16 hours.
- Santiago Ruano Rincón did 7.50 hours (out of 12h allocated + 3.50 remaining, thus keeping 8 extra hours for May).
- Scott Kitterman posted a report for 6 hours made in March but did nothing in April. His 18 remaining hours have been returned to the pool. He decided to stop doing LTS work for now.
- Thorsten Alteholz did 15.75 hours.
Many contributors did not use all their allocated hours. This is partly explained by the fact that in April Wheezy was still under the responsibility of the security team and they were not able to drive updates from start to finish.
In any case, this means that they have more hours available over May and since the LTS period started, they should hopefully be able to make a good dent in the backlog of security updates.
Evolution of the situation
The number of sponsored hours reached a new record with 132 hours per month, thanks to two new gold sponsors (Babiel GmbH and Plat’Home). Plat’Home’s sponsorship was aimed to help us maintain Debian 7 Wheezy on armel and armhf (on top of already supported amd64 and i386). Hopefully the trend will continue so that we can reach our objective of funding the equivalent of a full-time position.
This is a bit more than the 15-20 open entries that we used to have at the end of the Debian 6 LTS period.
Thanks to our sponsors
New sponsors are in bold.
- Platinum sponsors:
- TOSHIBA (for 7 months)
- Gold sponsors:
- The Positive Internet (for 23 months)
- Blablacar (for 22 months)
- Linode LLC (for 12 months)
- Babiel GmbH
- Silver sponsors:
- Domeneshop AS (for 22 months)
- Université Lille 3 (for 22 months)
- Trollweb Solutions (for 20 months)
- Nantes Métropole (for 16 months)
- University of Luxembourg (for 14 months)
- Dalenys (for 13 months)
- Univention GmbH (for 8 months)
- Université Jean Monnet de St Etienne (for 8 months)
- Sonus Networks
- Bronze sponsors:
- David Ayers – IntarS Austria (for 23 months)
- Evolix (for 23 months)
- Offensive Security (for 23 months)
- Seznam.cz, a.s. (for 23 months)
- Freeside Internet Service (for 22 months)
- MyTux (for 22 months)
- Linuxhotel GmbH (for 20 months)
- Intevation GmbH (for 19 months)
- Daevel SARL (for 18 months)
- Bitfolk LTD (for 17 months)
- Megaspace Internet Services GmbH (for 17 months)
- Greenbone Networks GmbH (for 16 months)
- NUMLOG (for 16 months)
- WinGo AG (for 15 months)
- Ecole Centrale de Nantes – LHEEA (for 12 months)
- Sig-I/O (for 9 months)
- Entr’ouvert (for 7 months)
- Adfinis SyGroup AG (for 4 months)