Like each month, have a look at the work funded by Freexian’s Debian LTS offering.
Debian project funding
In August, we put aside 2460 EUR to fund Debian projects. We received a new project proposal that got approved and there’s an associated bid request if you feel like proposing yourself to implement this project.
We’re looking forward to receive more projects from various Debian teams! Learn more about the rationale behind this initiative in this article.
Debian LTS contributors
In August, 14 contributors have been paid to work on Debian LTS, their reports are available:
- Abhijith PA did 4.0h (out of 14h assigned and 5h from August), thus carrying over 15h to September.
- Adrian Bunk did 11h (out of 23.75h assigned), thus carrying over 12.75h to September.
- Anton Gladky did 12h (out of 12h assigned).
- Ben Hutchings did 1.25h (out of 13.25h assigned and 6h from August), thus carrying over 18h to September.
- Chris Lamb did 18h (out of 18h assigned).
- Emilio Pozuelo Monfort did not report back about their work so we assume they did nothing (out of 23.75h assigned plus 50.75h from August), thus is carrying over 74.5h for September.
- Holger Levsen did 3h (out of 12h assigned) to help coordinate the team, and gave back the remaining hours.
- Lee Garrett did nothing (out of 23.75h assigned), thus is carrying over 23.75h for September.
- Markus Koschany did 35h (out of 23.75h assigned and 30h from August), thus carrying over 18.75h to September.
- Neil Williams did 24h (out of 23.75h assigned), thus anticipating 0.25h of October.
- Roberto C. Sánchez did 22.25h (out of 23.75h assigned), thus carrying over 1.5h to September.
- Sylvain Beucler did 21.5h (out of 23.75h assigned), thus carrying over 2.25h to September.
- Thorsten Alteholz did 23.75h (out of 23.75h assigned).
- Utkarsh Gupta did 23.75h (out of 23.75h assigned).
Evolution of the situation
In August we released 30 DLAs.
This is the first month of Jeremiah coordinating LTS contributors. We would like to thank Holger Levsen for his work on this role up to now.
Also, we would like to remark once again that we are constantly looking for new contributors. Please contact Jeremiah if you are interested!
The security tracker currently lists 73 packages with a known CVE and the dla-needed.txt file has 29 packages needing an update.
Thanks to our sponsors
Sponsors that joined recently are in bold.
- Platinum sponsors:
- TOSHIBA (for 72 months)
- GitHub (for 63 months)
- Civil Infrastructure Platform (CIP) (for 40 months)
- Gold sponsors:
- Roche Diagnostics International AG (for 83 months)
- Linode (for 77 months)
- Babiel GmbH (for 67 months)
- Plat’Home (for 66 months)
- University of Oxford (for 22 months)
- Deveryware (for 9 months)
- Silver sponsors:
- The Positive Internet Company (for 89 months)
- Domeneshop AS (for 88 months)
- Nantes Métropole (for 82 months)
- Université Jean Monnet de St Etienne (for 74 months)
- Univention GmbH (for 73 months)
- Ribbon Communications, Inc. (for 67 months)
- Exonet B.V. (for 57 months)
- Leibniz Rechenzentrum (for 51 months)
- CINECA (for 41 months)
- Ministère de l’Europe et des Affaires Étrangères (for 35 months)
- Cloudways Ltd (for 24 months)
- Dinahosting SL (for 22 months)
- Bauer Xcel Media Deutschland KG (for 16 months)
- Platform.sh (for 16 months)
- Moxa Intelligence Co., Ltd. (for 10 months)
- sipgate GmbH (for 7 months)
- Tilburg University (for 6 months)
- OVH US LLC (for 5 months)
- Bronze sponsors:
- Evolix (for 88 months)
- Seznam.cz, a.s. (for 88 months)
- Intevation GmbH (for 85 months)
- Linuxhotel GmbH (for 85 months)
- Daevel SARL (for 84 months)
- Bitfolk LTD (for 83 months)
- Greenbone Networks GmbH (for 82 months)
- Megaspace Internet Services GmbH (for 82 months)
- NUMLOG (for 82 months)
- WinGo AG (for 81 months)
- Ecole Centrale de Nantes – LHEEA (for 77 months)
- Entr’ouvert (for 72 months)
- Adfinis AG (for 70 months)
- GNI MEDIA (for 64 months)
- Laboratoire LEGI – UMR 5519 / CNRS (for 64 months)
- Tesorion (for 64 months)
- Bearstech (for 56 months)
- LiHAS (for 56 months)
- People Doc (for 52 months)
- Catalyst IT Ltd (for 50 months)
- Demarcq SAS (for 44 months)
- Université Grenoble Alpes (for 30 months)
- TouchWeb SAS (for 22 months)
- SPiN AG (for 19 months)
- CoreFiling (for 15 months)
- Institut des sciences cognitives Marc Jeannerod (for 9 months)
- Observatoire des Sciences de l’Univers de Grenoble (for 6 months)
- Tem Innovations GmbH