Debian project funding
In July, we put aside 2400 EUR to fund Debian projects. We haven’t received proposals of projects to fund in the last months, so we have scheduled a discussion during Debconf to try to to figure out why that is and how we can fix that. Join us on August 26th at 16:00 UTC on this link.
We are pleased to announce that Jeremiah Foster will help out to make this initiative a success : he can help Debian members to come up with solid proposals, he can look for people willing to do the work once the project has been formalized and approved, and he will make sure that the project implementation keeps on track when the actual work has begun.
We’re looking forward to receive more projects from various Debian teams! Learn more about the rationale behind this initiative in this article.
Debian LTS contributors
In July, 12 contributors have been paid to work on Debian LTS, their reports are available:
- Abhijith PA did 5.0h (out of 7h assigned and 3h remaining), thus carrying over 5h to August.
- Anton Gladky did 12h (out of 12h assigned).
- Ben Hutchings did 12.75h (out of 16h assigned and 2.75h from June), thus carrying over 6h to August.
- Chris Lamb did 18h (out of 18h assigned).
- Emilio Pozuelo Monfort did not report back about their work so we assume they did nothing (out of 39.75h assigned plus 11h from June), thus is carrying over 50.75h for August.
- Holger Levsen‘s work was coordinating/managing the LTS team, he did 3.5h (out of 12h assigned) and gave back 8.5h to the pool.
- Markus Koschany did 30h (out of 30h assigned and 30h from June), thus carrying over 30h to August.
- Ola Lundqvist did nothing (out of 12h assigned plus 20h from June), thus is carrying over 32h for August.
- Roberto C. Sánchez did 13.5h (out of 32h assigned and 20h from June), and gave back 38.5h to the pool.
- Sylvain Beucler did 30h (out of 30h assigned).
- Thorsten Alteholz did 30h (out of 30h assigned).
- Utkarsh Gupta did 39.75h (out of 39.75h assigned).
Evolution of the situation
In July we released 30 DLAs. Also we were glad to welcome Neil Williams and Lee Garrett who became active contributors.
We would like to thank Holger Levsen for the years of work where he managed/coordinated the paid LTS contributors. Jeremiah Foster will take over his duties.
Thanks to our sponsors
Sponsors that joined recently are in bold.
- Platinum sponsors:
- Gold sponsors:
- Silver sponsors:
- The Positive Internet Company (for 87 months)
- Domeneshop AS (for 86 months)
- Nantes Métropole (for 80 months)
- Univention GmbH (for 72 months)
- Université Jean Monnet de St Etienne (for 72 months)
- Ribbon Communications, Inc. (for 66 months)
- Exonet B.V. (for 56 months)
- Leibniz Rechenzentrum (for 50 months)
- CINECA (for 39 months)
- Ministère de l’Europe et des Affaires Étrangères (for 33 months)
- Cloudways Ltd (for 23 months)
- Dinahosting SL (for 21 months)
- Bauer Xcel Media Deutschland KG (for 15 months)
- Platform.sh (for 15 months)
- Moxa Intelligence Co., Ltd. (for 9 months)
- sipgate GmbH (for 6 months)
- OVH US LLC (for 4 months)
- Tilburg University (for 4 months)
- Bronze sponsors:
- Evolix (for 87 months)
- Seznam.cz, a.s. (for 87 months)
- Intevation GmbH (for 84 months)
- Linuxhotel GmbH (for 84 months)
- Daevel SARL (for 82 months)
- Bitfolk LTD (for 81 months)
- Megaspace Internet Services GmbH (for 81 months)
- Greenbone Networks GmbH (for 80 months)
- NUMLOG (for 80 months)
- WinGo AG (for 80 months)
- Ecole Centrale de Nantes – LHEEA (for 76 months)
- Entr’ouvert (for 71 months)
- Adfinis AG (for 68 months)
- GNI MEDIA (for 63 months)
- Laboratoire LEGI – UMR 5519 / CNRS (for 63 months)
- Tesorion (for 63 months)
- Bearstech (for 54 months)
- LiHAS (for 54 months)
- People Doc (for 51 months)
- Catalyst IT Ltd (for 49 months)
- Demarcq SAS (for 43 months)
- Université Grenoble Alpes (for 29 months)
- TouchWeb SAS (for 21 months)
- SPiN AG (for 18 months)
- CoreFiling (for 13 months)
- Institut des sciences cognitives Marc Jeannerod (for 8 months)
- Observatoire des Sciences de l’Univers de Grenoble (for 5 months)